- (-) Accidents & Fatalities (41)
- (-) Public Affairs & Policy (28)
- (-) Hazardous Materials (46)
- (-) Passenger Rail (13)
- (-) Operating Practices (4)
- (-) Crashworthiness - Tank Car (2)
- (-) Railroad System Oversight (2)
- (-) Hours of Service (2)
- (-) Safety Advisories (1)
- (-) Trespasser Programs (1)
- (-) Railroad Rehabilitation & Improvement Financing (RRIF) (1)
U.S. Department of Transportation Announces More Than $22 Million in Grants to Restore and Enhance Intercity Passenger Rail Network
Policy and Guidance
Abstract: On March 23, 2020, the Department of Transportation (DOT) Office of Drug and Alcohol Policy and Compliance (ODAPC) issued DOT Guidance on Compliance with Drug and Alcohol...
Keywords: derailment; CSX Transportation; Princeton, IN; precautionary evacuation; hazmat; LPG
Abstract: At approximately 8:12 p.m., EDT, CSX Transportation (CSX) freight Train Q513-17, operating southbound on the CSX CE&D Subdivision, derailed 22 loaded and 1 empty mixed-freight...
Keywords: Derailment, Accident, New York, NS, Freight Trains
Abstract: On February 15, 2018, at approximately 4:07 p.m., EST, eastbound Norfolk Southern freight train (NS) 28NH714 traveling on single main track in Traffic Controlled System (TCS)...
Keywords: grade crossing incident; Amtrak; Crozet, VA; fatalities
Abstract: At approximately 11:16 a.m., EST, a westbound National Passenger Railroad Corporation (Amtrak) passenger train traveling on single main track in TCS territory collided with a...