The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Ballast Defects and Conditions—Importance of Identification and Repair in Preventing Development of Unsafe Combinations of Track Conditions
Keywords: Safety Advisories, Track, Ballast
Abstract: FRA is issuing this safety advisory to emphasize the importance of timely repairing ballast defects and conditions on main tracks. FRA notes that ballast defects and ballast...
Eureka Southern Railroad Company; Notice of Limited Relief from Emergency Order No. 14
Safety and Security Plans for Class 3 Hazardous Materials Transported by Rail
Keywords: Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, PHMSA, safety advisory 2013-07, Lac-Megantic, classification, hazardous materials, safety and security plans
Importance of Clear Safety Procedures for Temporary Removal From Service of Highway-Rail Grade Crossing Warning Systems and Wayside Signal Systems
Abstract: FRA is issuing this Safety Advisory 2013–04 to reemphasize the importance of clear and precise railroad safety procedures to ensure the safety of the traveling public and railroad...
Buckling-Prone Conditions in Continuous Welded Rail Track
Keywords: Continuous Welded Rail; CWR