The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Data Analysis for Maintenance-of-Way Worker Fatigue
Keywords: Fatigue, work schedule, maintenance-of-way, sleep pattern, alertness, shiftwork, hours of service, biomathematical fatigue model
Installation of Active Noise Control and Active Vibration Control on a GP40-2 Locomotive
Keywords: active noise control, active vibration control, static operation, on-track operation
Abstract: This project evaluated the performance of active noise control (ANC) and active vibration control (AVC) technologies using a GP40-2 locomotive located at the Transportation...
Improved Quality Truck Castings
Keywords: Bolster, side frame, truck, casting, foundry
Abstract: A review of the car repair billing database shows that many bolsters and side frames are removed from service each year due to cracking or breaking. Derailment-related costs due...
Start Time Variability and Predictability in Railroad Train and Engine Freight and Passenger Service Employees
Keywords: Work schedules, start time variability, fatigue, train and engine service, accident probability, FAST
Abstract: Start time variability in work schedules is often hypothesized to be a cause of railroad employee fatigue because unpredictable work start times prevent employees from planning...
Characterization of Locomotive Engineer Schedules
Keywords: Characterization of Locomotive Engineer Schedules; work