The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Signal & Train Control Compliance Manual: All Chapters
Abstract: This portion of the Signal and Train Control (S&TC) Technical Manual sets forth the methods, policies, and procedures that shall be used by Federal Railroad Administration...
This portion of the Signal and Train Control (S&TC) Technical Manual sets forth the methods, policies, and procedures that shall be used by Federal Railroad Administration...
Signal & Train Control Compliance Manual
Abstract: Part 233 Signal Reporting Requirements; Part 234 Grade Crossing Signal System Safety; Part 235 Instructions Governing Applications for Approval of a Discontinuance or Material...
Part 233 Signal Reporting Requirements; Part 234 Grade Crossing Signal System Safety; Part 235 Instructions Governing Applications for Approval of a Discontinuance or Material...
Keywords: grade crossing incident; highway-rail grade crossing collision; Union Pacific; Athens, TX; school bus
Abstract: At 4:06 p.m., CST, a Union Pacific Railroad Company (UP) westbound mixed freight train MPBLF-24 (Train 1), with 2 engines and 54 cars, collided with a southbound Athens...
Keywords: derailment; Norfolk Southern Railway Company; Pittsburgh, PA; human factors; track
Abstract: At 1:02 p.m., EDT, a Norfolk Southern Railway Company (NS) intermodal train 21QC105 (Train 1) derailed seven double-stack articulated intermodal cars with three wells each. Train...
Keywords: rear-end collision; Canadian National Railway; fire; injuries; human factors
Abstract: At 9:08 a.m., CDT, a southbound Canadian National Railway (CN) freight train Q-11651-10 (Train 1) traveling at 26 mph on a single main track struck southbound CN intermodal...