The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Keywords: grade crossing incident; highway-rail grade crossing collision; Union Pacific; Athens, TX; school bus
Abstract: At 4:06 p.m., CST, a Union Pacific Railroad Company (UP) westbound mixed freight train MPBLF-24 (Train 1), with 2 engines and 54 cars, collided with a southbound Athens...
Keywords: derailment; CSX Transportation; Princeton, IN; precautionary evacuation; hazmat; LPG
Abstract: At approximately 8:12 p.m., EDT, CSX Transportation (CSX) freight Train Q513-17, operating southbound on the CSX CE&D Subdivision, derailed 22 loaded and 1 empty mixed-freight...
Keywords: head-on collision, Norfolk Southern, Georgetown, KY
Abstract: On Sunday, March 18, 2018, at 11:14 p.m., EDT, southbound Norfolk Southern (NS) freight train 175T817 (Train 1) passed an absolute stop signal without authority and was struck...
Keywords: Derailment, Accident, New York, NS, Freight Trains
Abstract: On February 15, 2018, at approximately 4:07 p.m., EST, eastbound Norfolk Southern freight train (NS) 28NH714 traveling on single main track in Traffic Controlled System (TCS)...
Keywords: grade crossing incident; Amtrak; Crozet, VA; fatalities
Abstract: At approximately 11:16 a.m., EST, a westbound National Passenger Railroad Corporation (Amtrak) passenger train traveling on single main track in TCS territory collided with a...