- (-) Accident Investigations (593)
- (-) Compliance (115)
- (-) Emergency & Safety (107)
- (-) Accident Investigations (600)
- (-) Operating Practices (93)
- (-) Hazardous Materials (79)
- (-) Emergency Declarations (31)
- (-) Highway-Rail Grade Crossings (27)
- (-) Rail and Infrastructure Integrity (24)
- (-) Safety Advisories (19)
Keywords: positive train control, PTC, interface design issue, locomotive, cab car, braking systems
Keywords: Union Pacific Railroad; San Marcos, Texas; grain, derailment, Austin Subdivision; soft roadbed.
Abstract: On June 6, 2021, at approximately 10:45 a.m. CDT, Union Pacific Railroad (UP) grain train GSJO3D- 04 (Train 1), handling 107 loads, 0 empties at 6,494 feet and 15,278 tons, was...
San Marcos, TX
Keywords: BNSF Railway; Murray, Iowa; Grade-Crossing Collision; Multiple Fatalities; Highway-Rail Crossing; Highway User Inattentiveness; Teen Driver; Male Driver.
Abstract: On May 27, 2021, at approximately 3:51 p.m., CDT, BNSF Railway (BNSF) unit sand train UCPFHGP0-05T (Train 1) with 3 locomotives (1 head end and 2 remote rear...
Keywords: Union Pacific Railway; Separ, New Mexico; Derailment; 3-Pack Spine Car; Broken Flange; Amtrak Route
Abstract: On May 24, 2021, at approximately 2:56 a.m., MDT, the Union Pacific Railroad (UP) intermodal train
ZMQLC-23 (Train 1) handling 166 loads, 0 empties, at 9,895 feet and 6,...