The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Technical Bulletin MP&E 18-01, Enforcement Guidance for requiring a manual reset to restart the alerter warning timing cycle, Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations Section 229.140(b)(3)
Keywords: Inspectors, Guidance, Alerters, NTSB Safety Recommendation, MP&E Compliance Manual
Abstract: To satisfy NTSB Safety Recommendation R-15-04, FRA is revising its Motor Power and Equipment Compliance Manual to emphasize the importance of enforcing compliance with existing...
To satisfy NTSB Safety Recommendation R-15-04, FRA is revising its Motor Power and Equipment Compliance Manual to emphasize the importance of enforcing compliance with existing...
49 CFR Part 240 Safety Guidance: Motor Vehicle recordkeeping requirements; National Driver Register Data with States
Keywords: Engineer Certification
Abstract: The Bulletin recognizes changes the National Highway Traffic Administration (NHTSA) has made to streamline the process for obtaining information from the National Driver...
The Bulletin recognizes changes the National Highway Traffic Administration (NHTSA) has made to streamline the process for obtaining information from the National Driver...
Petition to Review Emergency Order 15
Operational and signal modifications for compliance with maximum authorized passenger train speeds and other speed restrictions
Keywords: Safety Advisories; Passenger Rail
Abstract: This is a safety advisory recommending actions that passenger railroads take to prevent trains from speeding. The advisory is the latest in a series of steps FRA has taken to keep...
Emergency Order Establishing a Maximum Operating Speed of 40 mph in High-Threat Urban Areas
Keywords: crude by rail, HTUA, speed
Abstract: FRA is issuing this Emergency Order to require that trains transporting large amounts of Class 3 flammable liquid through certain highly populated areas adhere to a maximum...