- (-) Public Affairs & Policy (53)
- (-) Reports (1135)
- (-) Environmental Protection (652)
- (-) Passenger Rail (433)
- (-) Highway-Rail Grade Crossings (216)
- (-) Positive Train Control (175)
- (-) Trespasser Programs (26)
- (-) USDOT National Highway-Rail Crossing Inventory (20)
- (-) Drug and Alcohol Program (18)
- (-) Operating Practices (12)
The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Policy and Guidance
Railroad Employee Use of Prescription and Over-the-Counter Drugs and Herbal Medications Pamphlet
Keywords: RX OTC
Policy and Guidance
FRA Post-Accident Testing Guidance & Definitions
Keywords: Post-Accident Testing; Guidance; Definitions
Carbon Dioxide Emissions from Four Real World Inter-City Passenger Trips: A Comparison of Rail, Air, and Road Travel Modes by City Pair
Keywords: Carbon, greenhouse gas, operational emissions, transportation mode, Amtrak, climate change
Utilization of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in Accident Reconstruction
Keywords: Photogrammetry, accident reconstruction, grade crossing, railroad safety, highway-rail grade crossing, train control
Abstract: The Volpe National Transportation Systems Center evaluated the effectiveness of using UAVs and photogrammetry software to expedite the accident reconstruction process.
The Volpe National Transportation Systems Center evaluated the effectiveness of using UAVs and photogrammetry software to expedite the accident reconstruction process.
Onboard Broken Rail Detection Research and Development
Keywords: Alternative broken rail and rollout detection, ABRRD, full-moving block, FMB, Head-of-Train-Alternative Broken Rail and Rollout Detection, HOT-ABRRD, Onboard Broken Rail Detection, OBRD, Positive Train Control, PTC