- (-) Technical Bulletins (70)
- (-) Safety Advisories (24)
- (-) Public Affairs & Policy (14)
- (-) Operating Practices (84)
- (-) Highway-Rail Grade Crossings (13)
- (-) Safety Culture (5)
- (-) Tracks & Structures (4)
- (-) Railroad Safety Program Management (2)
- (-) Railroad Rehabilitation & Improvement Financing (RRIF) (1)
The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Technical Bulletin MP&E 18-01, Enforcement Guidance for requiring a manual reset to restart the alerter warning timing cycle, Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations Section 229.140(b)(3)
Keywords: Inspectors, Guidance, Alerters, NTSB Safety Recommendation, MP&E Compliance Manual
Abstract: To satisfy NTSB Safety Recommendation R-15-04, FRA is revising its Motor Power and Equipment Compliance Manual to emphasize the importance of enforcing compliance with existing...
To satisfy NTSB Safety Recommendation R-15-04, FRA is revising its Motor Power and Equipment Compliance Manual to emphasize the importance of enforcing compliance with existing...
49 CFR Part 240 Safety Guidance: Motor Vehicle recordkeeping requirements; National Driver Register Data with States
Keywords: Engineer Certification
Abstract: The Bulletin recognizes changes the National Highway Traffic Administration (NHTSA) has made to streamline the process for obtaining information from the National Driver...
The Bulletin recognizes changes the National Highway Traffic Administration (NHTSA) has made to streamline the process for obtaining information from the National Driver...
Policy and Guidance
FEDERAL RAILROAD ADMINISTRATION GUIDANCE FOR DEVELOPING AN ATMOSPHERE-SUPPLYING EMERGENCY ESCAPE BREATHING APPARATUS PROGRAM
Abstract: This document provides guidance to railroads developing and implementing an atmosphere-supplying emergency escape breathing apparatus (EEBA) program to protect railroad employees...
Policy and Guidance
Benefit-Cost Analysis Guidance for Rail Projects
Keywords: Benefit-Cost Analysis Guidance for Rail Projects
Abstract: This guidance document is intended to provide a consistent approach for completing a benefit-cost analysis (BCA) for passenger and freight rail project proposals. The systematic...
Ballast Defects and Conditions—Importance of Identification and Repair in Preventing Development of Unsafe Combinations of Track Conditions
Keywords: Safety Advisories, Track, Ballast
Abstract: FRA is issuing this safety advisory to emphasize the importance of timely repairing ballast defects and conditions on main tracks. FRA notes that ballast defects and ballast...