- (-) Technical Bulletins (93)
- (-) Conference & Workshop (7)
- (-) Forms and Templates (16)
- (-) Operating Practices (73)
- (-) Signal and Train Control (24)
- (-) Human Factors (11)
- (-) Accident Investigations (6)
- (-) Highway-Rail Grade Crossings (4)
- (-) USDOT National Highway-Rail Crossing Inventory (2)
The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Forms and Templates
Post Accident Testing Criteria Flow Chart - Updated and Effective January 1, 2023
Keywords: post accident testing; drug and alcohol testing
Abstract: Post Accident Testing Criteria Flow Chart - Revised with Effective Date of January 1, 2022
Post Accident Testing Criteria Flow Chart - Revised with Effective Date of January 1, 2022
Forms and Templates
FRA Post-Accident Testing Guidance & Definitions Revised and Effective January 8, 2021
Keywords: Post Accident Testing; guidance; definitions
Abstract: FRA Post-Accident Testing Guidance & Definitions
FRA Post-Accident Testing Guidance & Definitions
Technical Bulletin MP&E 18-01, Enforcement Guidance for requiring a manual reset to restart the alerter warning timing cycle, Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations Section 229.140(b)(3)
Keywords: Inspectors, Guidance, Alerters, NTSB Safety Recommendation, MP&E Compliance Manual
Abstract: To satisfy NTSB Safety Recommendation R-15-04, FRA is revising its Motor Power and Equipment Compliance Manual to emphasize the importance of enforcing compliance with existing...
To satisfy NTSB Safety Recommendation R-15-04, FRA is revising its Motor Power and Equipment Compliance Manual to emphasize the importance of enforcing compliance with existing...
49 CFR Part 240 Safety Guidance: Motor Vehicle recordkeeping requirements; National Driver Register Data with States
Keywords: Engineer Certification
Abstract: The Bulletin recognizes changes the National Highway Traffic Administration (NHTSA) has made to streamline the process for obtaining information from the National Driver...
The Bulletin recognizes changes the National Highway Traffic Administration (NHTSA) has made to streamline the process for obtaining information from the National Driver...
FAQ Guidelines for Office of Railroad Safety Inspectors using Railroad and Nonrailroad Monitoring Devices (Scanners/Two-way Radios) in Connection with Official Duties
Keywords: Radio; RSIA