The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Ballast Defects and Conditions—Importance of Identification and Repair in Preventing Development of Unsafe Combinations of Track Conditions
Keywords: Safety Advisories, Track, Ballast
Abstract: FRA is issuing this safety advisory to emphasize the importance of timely repairing ballast defects and conditions on main tracks. FRA notes that ballast defects and ballast...
Operational and signal modifications for compliance with maximum authorized passenger train speeds and other speed restrictions
Keywords: Safety Advisories; Passenger Rail
Abstract: This is a safety advisory recommending actions that passenger railroads take to prevent trains from speeding. The advisory is the latest in a series of steps FRA has taken to keep...
New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) Buy America Waiver Decision
Keywords: Buy America MTA PTC Positive Train Control RRIF
Railworthiness Directive for Railroad Tank Cars Equipped With Certain McKenzie Valve & Machining LLC Valves
Keywords: Railworthiness Directive; Hazerdous Materials; Valve; Tank Cars
Abstract: This Directive requires railroad tank car owners to replace unapproved valves currently installed in some tank cars. The valves in question are UNNR ball valves manufactured and...
Safety and Security Plans for Class 3 Hazardous Materials Transported by Rail
Keywords: Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, PHMSA, safety advisory 2013-07, Lac-Megantic, classification, hazardous materials, safety and security plans