- (-) Employee Fatalities (1)
- (-) Emergency & Safety (34)
- (-) Public Affairs & Policy (12)
- (-) Safety Advisories (20)
- (-) Highway-Rail Grade Crossings (13)
- (-) Train Horn Noise (6)
- (-) Switching Operations (5)
- (-) USDOT National Highway-Rail Crossing Inventory (4)
- (-) Continuous Welded Rail (2)
- (-) Intercity Passenger Rail Investment (1)
Keywords: positive train control, PTC, interface design issue, locomotive, cab car, braking systems
Abstract: With the recent switching fatalities, the SOFA Working Group is concerned by the 159 injuries that occurred August 2019 through August, 2020 and...
Policy and Guidance
Abstract: On March 23, 2020, the Department of Transportation (DOT) Office of Drug and Alcohol Policy and Compliance (ODAPC) issued DOT Guidance on Compliance with Drug and Alcohol...
Abstract: FRA is issuing Safety Advisory 2018-01 to remind railroads, contractors, and the rail welding industry of the potential for electrode-induced rail pitting and fatigue cracking...