The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Annual Enforcement Report
Fiscal Year 2017 Enforcement Report
Abstract: For several decades, the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) has compiled an annual civil penalty report summarizing the civil penalty claims for violations of Federal...
For several decades, the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) has compiled an annual civil penalty report summarizing the civil penalty claims for violations of Federal...
Keywords: Accident Investigations, PTC, Metro North
Abstract: On May 18, 2017, at 4:54 p.m., EDT, westbound Metro-North Commuter Railroad Company (MNCW) commuter Train No. 1373, originating from Stamford, Connecticut, and destined for Grand...
Annual Enforcement Report
Fiscal Year 2016 Enforcement Report
Abstract: In 2016, for a second year in a row, as part of a continued effort to increase consequences of violations which negatively impact safety, FRA took significant steps to increase...
In 2016, for a second year in a row, as part of a continued effort to increase consequences of violations which negatively impact safety, FRA took significant steps to increase...
Keywords: Accident Investigations, Positive Train Control, PTC, New Jersey Transit
Abstract: On September 29, 2016, at approximately 8:38 a.m., EDT, eastbound New Jersey Transit (NJT) Train No. 1614 struck the bumper block located at the east-end of No. 5 station track,...
Keywords: Accident Investigations, Hazardous Materials, Sleep Apnea
Abstract: On December 1, 2013, at 7:19 a.m., EST, a southbound Metro-North Railroad (MNCW) passenger train, number 8808, derailed in Bronx, New York, on Main Track Number 2. The derailment...