- (-) Accidents & Fatalities (33)
- (-) Emergency Orders (23)
- (-) Public Affairs & Policy (18)
- (-) Hazardous Materials (65)
- (-) Bridge and Structures Safety (4)
- (-) Railroad System Oversight (2)
- (-) Safety Advisories (1)
- (-) Trespasser Programs (1)
- (-) Railroad Rehabilitation & Improvement Financing (RRIF) (1)
Policy and Guidance
Abstract: On March 23, 2020, the Department of Transportation (DOT) Office of Drug and Alcohol Policy and Compliance (ODAPC) issued DOT Guidance on Compliance with Drug and Alcohol...
Keywords: derailment; CSX Transportation; Princeton, IN; precautionary evacuation; hazmat; LPG
Abstract: At approximately 8:12 p.m., EDT, CSX Transportation (CSX) freight Train Q513-17, operating southbound on the CSX CE&D Subdivision, derailed 22 loaded and 1 empty mixed-freight...
Keywords: Accident Investigations, CSX, Hazardous Materials
Abstract: On December 8, 2017, at 2:08 p.m., EST, eastbound CSX Transportation (CSX) mixed freight Train Q40407, consisting of 3 locomotives and 141 cars (66 loads/75 empties), derailed 31...
Keywords: Accident Investigations, UP
Abstract: On August 15, 2017, at 1:27 p.m., CDT, an eastbound Union Pacific Railroad (UP), mixed-freight train operating under Train QNPINP 14 (Train 1), struck the rear-end of a standing...
Keywords: derailment; CSX Transportation; Hyndman, PA; evacuation; hazardous material; fire; LPG
Abstract: At 4:52 a.m., EDT, CSX Transportation (CSX) eastward Train Q38831 (Q388) derailed 32 cars, with the general pile up near Milepost (MP) BF 192.3 on Main Track No. 2 of CSX’s...