- (-) Accidents & Fatalities (3)
- (-) Emergency & Safety (36)
- (-) Operating Practices (25)
- (-) Bridge and Structures Safety (7)
- (-) Switching Operations (6)
- (-) Rail and Infrastructure Integrity (5)
- (-) Highway-Rail Grade Crossing Warning Systems (5)
- (-) Continuous Welded Rail (1)
- (-) Commuter (1)
Keywords: derailment; BNSF Railway Company; Saginaw, TX; human factors
Abstract: At approximately 1:30 a.m., CDT, BNSF Railway (BNSF) derailed 18 railcars in the Saginaw, Texas Yard, at Milepost (MP) 351.4 on the Ft. Worth Subdivision. The switch crew handling...
Keywords: Accident Investigations, PTC, Metro North
Abstract: On May 18, 2017, at 4:54 p.m., EDT, westbound Metro-North Commuter Railroad Company (MNCW) commuter Train No. 1373, originating from Stamford, Connecticut, and destined for Grand...
Keywords: crude by rail, HTUA, speed
Abstract: FRA is issuing this Emergency Order to require that trains transporting large amounts of Class 3 flammable liquid through certain highly populated areas adhere to a maximum...