- (-) Accidents & Fatalities (53)
- (-) Policy and Guidance (30)
- (-) Hazardous Materials (46)
- (-) Highway-Rail Grade Crossings (28)
- (-) Operating Practices (4)
- (-) Industrial Hygiene (3)
- (-) Railroad System Oversight (2)
- (-) Trespasser Programs (1)
- (-) Crashworthiness - Passenger Equipment (1)
- (-) Continuous Welded Rail (1)
Keywords: grade crossing incident; highway-rail grade crossing collision; Union Pacific; Athens, TX; school bus
Abstract: At 4:06 p.m., CST, a Union Pacific Railroad Company (UP) westbound mixed freight train MPBLF-24 (Train 1), with 2 engines and 54 cars, collided with a southbound Athens...
Keywords: derailment; CSX Transportation; Princeton, IN; precautionary evacuation; hazmat; LPG
Abstract: At approximately 8:12 p.m., EDT, CSX Transportation (CSX) freight Train Q513-17, operating southbound on the CSX CE&D Subdivision, derailed 22 loaded and 1 empty mixed-freight...
Keywords: grade crossing incident; Amtrak; Crozet, VA; fatalities
Abstract: At approximately 11:16 a.m., EST, a westbound National Passenger Railroad Corporation (Amtrak) passenger train traveling on single main track in TCS territory collided with a...
Keywords: Accident Investigations, CSX, Hazardous Materials
Abstract: On December 8, 2017, at 2:08 p.m., EST, eastbound CSX Transportation (CSX) mixed freight Train Q40407, consisting of 3 locomotives and 141 cars (66 loads/75 empties), derailed 31...
Keywords: Accident Investigations, UP
Abstract: On August 15, 2017, at 1:27 p.m., CDT, an eastbound Union Pacific Railroad (UP), mixed-freight train operating under Train QNPINP 14 (Train 1), struck the rear-end of a standing...