The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
2017 Grade Crossing Research Needs Workshop
Keywords: Railroads, highway-rail, grade crossing, research needs, rail safety, rail research
Abstract: At this workshop, subject-matter experts shared best practices, identified research needs and discussed new strategies for reducing grade crossing incidents and fatalities.
At this workshop, subject-matter experts shared best practices, identified research needs and discussed new strategies for reducing grade crossing incidents and fatalities.
Fatal Accident Patterns - Hours of Day
Denton County Transportation Authority C3RS IMOU
Abstract: Implementing Memorandum of Understanding for the Denton County Transportation Authority Confidential Close Call Reporting System Program
Slab Track at Facility for Accelerated Service Testing: Performance and Serviceability
Keywords: Slab track, track geometry, instrumented wheelsets, heavy axle load, HAL
Abstract: The Transportation Technology Center, Inc., with funding by the Portland Cement Association and the Federal Railroad Administration, documented the available records associated...
Recognition of Rail Car Retroreflective Patterns for Improving Nighttime Conspicuity
Keywords: Conspicuity, freight car, highway-railroad grade crossing, pattern recognition, recognition, reflectorization, retroreflective material, safety, signal detection theory, visibility, warning device
Abstract: Researchers evaluated whether train-mounted reflector pattern designs help nighttime drivers recognize and avoid hitting trains at grade crossings.
Researchers evaluated whether train-mounted reflector pattern designs help nighttime drivers recognize and avoid hitting trains at grade crossings.