The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Carbon Dioxide Emissions from Four Real World Inter-City Passenger Trips: A Comparison of Rail, Air, and Road Travel Modes by City Pair
Keywords: Carbon, greenhouse gas, operational emissions, transportation mode, Amtrak, climate change
State Inventory Contacts - Grade Crossing Inventory
Keywords: crossing, inventory, state, contact
FRA Launches Risk Reduction Safety Program
Abstract: The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) has issued a final rule, launching the Risk Reduction Program (RRP) to support an increasing...
The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) has issued a final rule, launching the Risk Reduction Program (RRP) to support an increasing...
Feasibility Study for Intercity Rail Service to T.F. Green Airport
Keywords: High-speed Rail; NEC
Abstract: This Feasibility Study for Intercity Rail Service to T.F. Green Airport was prepared by Amtrak and Rhode Island Department of Transportation (RIDOT) in partnership with the...
Quiet Zone Locations
Keywords: Quiet Zone, Train Horn Rule
Abstract: FRA regularly makes publically available a list of quiet zone locations by state, city, type of quiet zone, railroad, and related information.