- (-) Compliance (135)
- (-) Emergency & Safety (61)
- (-) Public Affairs & Policy (29)
- (-) Track (78)
- (-) Hazardous Materials (59)
- (-) Signal and Train Control (51)
- (-) Tracks & Structures (38)
- (-) Rail and Infrastructure Integrity (26)
- (-) Roadway Worker Protection (15)
- (-) Accident Investigations (8)
- (-) Railroad System Oversight (3)
- (-) Continuous Welded Rail (2)
The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Policy and Guidance
Acting Administrator Bose Letter to Survey Recipients
Signal & Train Control Compliance Manual: All Chapters
Abstract: This portion of the Signal and Train Control (S&TC) Technical Manual sets forth the methods, policies, and procedures that shall be used by Federal Railroad Administration...
This portion of the Signal and Train Control (S&TC) Technical Manual sets forth the methods, policies, and procedures that shall be used by Federal Railroad Administration...
Signal & Train Control Compliance Manual
Abstract: Part 233 Signal Reporting Requirements; Part 234 Grade Crossing Signal System Safety; Part 235 Instructions Governing Applications for Approval of a Discontinuance or Material...
Part 233 Signal Reporting Requirements; Part 234 Grade Crossing Signal System Safety; Part 235 Instructions Governing Applications for Approval of a Discontinuance or Material...
Training, Qualification, and Oversight for Safety-Related Railroad Employees; Compliance Guide
Abstract: Updated May 2019 Compliance Guide for 49 CFR Part 243
Safety Guidance on 49CFR 213.103 (Ballast; General)
Keywords: ballast, fouled ballast, track, geometry
Abstract: The bulletin clarifies the application of Title 49 Code .of Federal Regulations (CFR) § 213.103 (Ballast; general). All affected personnel are to utilize this bulletin as guidance...