The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Water Mist Fire Suppression Systems Feasibility Study
Keywords: FRA, fire, railroad, fire safety, water mist, fire suppression
Wireless Digital Train Line for Passenger Trains – Phase 3
Keywords: Digital train line, wireless connectivity, WiDTL, user/control plane, high-speed rail, passenger rail service, 160MHz, performance evaluation, computer simulation
NDE Methods for Corrosion Monitoring in Railroad Tank Cars
Keywords: Tank cars, corrosion, pitting, fatigue, master gauge, MG, nondestructive evaluation, NDE, ultrasonic testing, UT, Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing, PAUT, Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducers, EMAT, Backscatter X-ray imaging, 3D laser scanning metrology
A Feasibility Study on Advanced Nondestructive Evaluation (NDE) Methods to Characterize Weld Defects in Railroad Tank Cars
Keywords: CFR, Railroad tank cars, DOT-111, DOT-117, butt weld, fillet weld, weld defect, fatigue cracks, NDE/NDT, VT, PT, MT, UT, PAUT, FMC, TFM, ACFM, TECA, PECT, POH
Side Structure Integrity Research for Passenger Rail Equipment
Keywords: Passenger rail, structural crashworthiness, side structure, sidewall, side impact, railcar design, passenger equipment