The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Dimensions Applicable to Handles of Uncoupling Levers
Training, Qualification, and Oversight for Safety-Related Railroad Employees; Compliance Guide
Abstract: Updated May 2019 Compliance Guide for 49 CFR Part 243
Technical Bulletin MP&E 18-01, Enforcement Guidance for requiring a manual reset to restart the alerter warning timing cycle, Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations Section 229.140(b)(3)
Keywords: Inspectors, Guidance, Alerters, NTSB Safety Recommendation, MP&E Compliance Manual
Abstract: To satisfy NTSB Safety Recommendation R-15-04, FRA is revising its Motor Power and Equipment Compliance Manual to emphasize the importance of enforcing compliance with existing...
To satisfy NTSB Safety Recommendation R-15-04, FRA is revising its Motor Power and Equipment Compliance Manual to emphasize the importance of enforcing compliance with existing...
Hours of Service Compliance Manual; Passenger Operations
Keywords: Hours of Service
Abstract: This manual provides clarification on hours of service requirements found at 49 CFR Part 228, Hours of Service Recordkeeping, and FRA hours of service interpretations and...
This manual provides clarification on hours of service requirements found at 49 CFR Part 228, Hours of Service Recordkeeping, and FRA hours of service interpretations and...
Collaborative Incident Analysis and Human Performance Handbook
Keywords: Human Performance, Human Factors, Incident, Analysis
Abstract: This handbook covers many topics such as human behavior, organizational behavior, accident/incident investigations, and learning organizations. It weaves these topics together...