The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Measuring Personal Travel and Goods Movement
Keywords: Economics, Finance, personal travel, goods movement, statistics
Abstract: The Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA) of 1991 established the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS) within the U.S. Department of Transportation. This...
Advanced Component Testing: Kaskasia Handbrake Test.
Keywords: Handbrake, installation, operation, impact testing
Abstract: The evaluation of a prototype remote operation handbrake showed that it can be installed on a car with only minor modifications to connect the air. This prototype did not set the...
An Evaluation of Safety Culture Initiatives at BNSF Railway
Keywords: Railroad safety culture; evaluation; BNSF; AN EVALUATION OF SAFETY CULTURE INITIATIVES AT BNSF RAILWAY
Abstract: Major safety culture (SC) initiatives initiated in the FRA Office of Research, Technology and Development (RT&D), such as Clear Signal for Action (CSA), the Investigation...
Major safety culture (SC) initiatives initiated in the FRA Office of Research, Technology and Development (RT&D), such as Clear Signal for Action (CSA), the Investigation...
EVALUATION IMPLEMENTATION PLAN Office of Research & Development
Keywords: Evaluation, program evaluation, technology transfer, knowledge diffusion, evaluation capacity building
Reports to Congress
2012 FRA Report to Congress on Actions Taken to Implement Unmet Statutory Mandates and Address Open Recommendations by the NTSB and the DOT Inspector General Regarding Safety
Keywords: National Transportation Safety Board, Rail Safety Improvement Act of 2008, Recommendations
Abstract: The report identifies a total of 8 unmet statutory mandates as of December 31, 2012, and specifies actions to implement or address each of them. The report also identifies a total...