The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Carbon Dioxide Emissions from Four Real World Inter-City Passenger Trips: A Comparison of Rail, Air, and Road Travel Modes by City Pair
Keywords: Carbon, greenhouse gas, operational emissions, transportation mode, Amtrak, climate change
Onboard Broken Rail Detection Research and Development
Keywords: Alternative broken rail and rollout detection, ABRRD, full-moving block, FMB, Head-of-Train-Alternative Broken Rail and Rollout Detection, HOT-ABRRD, Onboard Broken Rail Detection, OBRD, Positive Train Control, PTC
Higher Reliability and Capacity Train Control
Keywords: Positive Train Control, PTC, enhanced operations, train control, rail signaling, traffic capacity improvement, reliability, availability, maintainability, RAM
Broken Rail and Rollout Detection to Support QMB Operations
Keywords: Positive Train Control, PTC, Quasi-Moving Block, QMB, next generation track circuit, NGTC, track circuit enhancements
Positive Train Control Passenger Braking Algorithm Enhancement – Phase II
Keywords: Positive Train Control, PTC, braking, braking algorithm enhancements, field testing, EMU, DMU, enforcement algorithm