The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
FRA Monitoring Procedures
Keywords: Monitoring Procedures; MP
Abstract: Note: These two documents will be replaced by an updated version at the end of August 2014. Please check back at that time.
Note: These two documents will be replaced by an updated version at the end of August 2014. Please check back at that time.
Data Analysis for Maintenance-of-Way Worker Fatigue
Keywords: Fatigue, work schedule, maintenance-of-way, sleep pattern, alertness, shiftwork, hours of service, biomathematical fatigue model
Rail Base Corrosion and Cracking Prevention: Phase 2
Keywords: Corrosion, rail, rail base corrosion, coatings, corrosion testing, premature rail failure
Abstract: In March 2014, EWI was engaged by the Federal Railroad Administration to research rail treatments to prevent rail base corrosion in corrosive environments. A coating system was...
Impact Test of a Diesel Multiple Unit Fuel Tank
Keywords: Fuel tanks, finite element modeling, FE, diesel multiple unit, DMU, impact testing, puncture resistance, finite element analysis, FEA, passenger locomotive
Abstract: On June 28, 2016, the Federal Railroad Administration’s (FRA) Office of Research, Development and Technology performed a dynamic impact test of a fuel tank from a Diesel...
On June 28, 2016, the Federal Railroad Administration’s (FRA) Office of Research, Development and Technology performed a dynamic impact test of a fuel tank from a Diesel...
Improved Concrete Crosstie and Fastening Systems for US High Speed Passenger Rail and Joint Corridors: Volume 1 – Project Summary Report
Keywords: Concrete crossties, fastening systems, flexural behavior, mechanistic design, infrastructure components, finite element modeling, field experimentation
Abstract: Rail corridors often experience a wide variety of passenger and freight train loads, track geometry characteristics, and environmental conditions. These factors must be considered...