The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Determining Bond-Slip Characteristics of Prestressing Tendons with Varying Geometries in Two Concrete Mixtures
Keywords: Track, ties, concrete, bond-slip, prestressing tendons
Abstract: Untensioned pullout tests were conducted to obtain the bond-slip characteristics of two groups of prestressing tendons used in concrete railroad tie production. The purpose of...
Untensioned pullout tests were conducted to obtain the bond-slip characteristics of two groups of prestressing tendons used in concrete railroad tie production. The purpose of...
Impact of Water on Cracked Concrete Crosstie Service Life
Keywords: Concrete crossties, water damage, center cracks, cyclic loading
Abstract: To investigate the impact of moisture on crack growth and other tie damage, UIUC researchers subjected pretensioned concrete crossties and small-scale beams to repeated loading...
To investigate the impact of moisture on crack growth and other tie damage, UIUC researchers subjected pretensioned concrete crossties and small-scale beams to repeated loading...
Rail Base Corrosion and Cracking Prevention: Phase 2
Keywords: Corrosion, rail, rail base corrosion, coatings, corrosion testing, premature rail failure
Abstract: In March 2014, EWI was engaged by the Federal Railroad Administration to research rail treatments to prevent rail base corrosion in corrosive environments. A coating system was...
A Survey of Wheel/Rail Friction
Keywords: Friction, friction management, lubrication, vehicle-track interaction, wheel-rail interaction v
Abstract: Friction has a huge influence on the vehicle/track interaction and yet it remains poorly understood, its consideration an afterthought in many simulation activities. This survey...
Monitoring Longitudinal Rail Stress Using Diffuse Ultrasonic Backscatter
Keywords: stress in rail; ultrasonic transducers; ultrasound scattering; theoretical model of the scattering process; prototype devices for stress estimations in rail; laboratory and field tests
Abstract: In this report, research was conducted at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln pertaining to the use of ultrasound scattering from polycrystalline grains to estimate and monitor...