The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Locomotive Crash Energy Management: Train-to-Train Impact Test
Keywords: Crashworthiness, crash energy management, CEM, locomotive, train-to-train test, rail passenger safety
Abstract: This report describes the results of the program’s latest impact test, conducted in August 2022: the train-to-train impact test. In this test, a CEM-equipped locomotive leading...
This report describes the results of the program’s latest impact test, conducted in August 2022: the train-to-train impact test. In this test, a CEM-equipped locomotive leading...
Expansion of Rail Flaw Library at the Transportation Technology Center
Keywords: Rail, rail wear, rail defect, rail flaw library, ultrasonic testing, UT, phased array ultrasonic testing, PAUT, Miniprof, Rail Flaw Library of Associated Defects, RF-LOAD, non-destructive evaluation, NDE, track
DOT-117 Tank Car Flaw Library Development for NDE Study
Keywords: DOT 117, Tank Car, Weld Defect, Tank Car Flaw Library, Nondestructive Evaluation, VT, PT, MT, UT, PAUT, ET, ECA
Fire Resistance Tests of Reduced Scale Rail Car Floor Assemblies
Keywords: ABAQUS, floor fire resistance test, NFPA 130, structural floor assembly, passenger rail car, rail car floor, rolling stock
Ultraweldable and Low Temperature Steels for Truck Castings
Keywords: Casting, steel, ultraweldable, truck, side frame, bolster, temperature, rolling stock, testing, ductility