The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Emergency Responder Guidance
Keywords: Liquefied natural gas, compressed natural gas, greenhouse gas, emergency responders, hazardous materials
Abstract: To understand the properties and behavior of liquefied natural gas (LNG); identify LNG fuel tenders, locomotives, Tank Cars & Intermodal Portable Tanks; understand potential...
Natural Gas [ Liquid (LNG) and Compressed (CNG) ] as Locomotive Fuels
Keywords: Liquefied natural gas, compressed natural gas, greenhouse gas, knowledge, alternative fuels, hazardous materials
Abstract: The railroad industry is exploring the use of natural gas in liquid form (LNG) and in a compressed gas form (CNG) as alternative and supplemental locomotive fuels to diesel for...
Policy and Guidance
Letter From FRA to RSI Request for Extension of time to comply with March 13, 2015 RWD
Keywords: railworthiness directive, mckenzie valve, letter, extension
Abstract: The letter responds to RSI's request for extension of time to comply with the Railworthiness Directive (RWD) issued by FRA on March 13, 2015. The original RWD established...
Policy and Guidance
Questions and Answers: Railworthiness Directive for Railroad Tank Cars Equipped with Certain McKenzie Valve & Machining LLC Valves
Keywords: Railworthiness directive, McKenzie Valve, UNNR
Abstract: This document provides guidance on moving tank cars equipped with the McKenzie valves specified in the Railworthiness Directive published March 18, 2015. The document was updated...
Drawing of the McKenzie Valve & Machining LLC UNNR Design Threaded-by-Threaded Full Port Ball Valve
Keywords: McKenzie Valve, RWD, Railworthiness Directive, UNNR