The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
NDE Methods for Corrosion Monitoring in Railroad Tank Cars
Keywords: Tank cars, corrosion, pitting, fatigue, master gauge, MG, nondestructive evaluation, NDE, ultrasonic testing, UT, Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing, PAUT, Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducers, EMAT, Backscatter X-ray imaging, 3D laser scanning metrology
A Feasibility Study on Advanced Nondestructive Evaluation (NDE) Methods to Characterize Weld Defects in Railroad Tank Cars
Keywords: CFR, Railroad tank cars, DOT-111, DOT-117, butt weld, fillet weld, weld defect, fatigue cracks, NDE/NDT, VT, PT, MT, UT, PAUT, FMC, TFM, ACFM, TECA, PECT, POH
Side Impact Test and Analyses of a DOT-113 Surrogate Tank Car with Cryogenic Lading
Keywords: Impact test, surrogate DOT-113 tank car, tank car performance, transportation safety, tank car, hazardous materials, rolling stock, test
Finite Element Analyses of Side Impacts to DOT-113 Surrogate Tank Cars with Water and Liquid Nitrogen
Keywords: Impact test, DOT-113 tank car, tank car performance, transportation safety, liquefied natural gas, LNG, liquid nitrogen, LN2, finite element analysis, FEA, hazardous materials, rolling stock, cryogenic
Review of Tank Car Side Impact Test Research and Analyses of 2007-2019
Keywords: Tank car, impact test, impact, finite element analysis, FEA, testing, hazardous materials, rolling stock