- (-) Employee Fatalities (1)
- (-) Emergency & Safety (12)
- (-) Other (16)
- (-) Human Factors (10)
- (-) Rail and Infrastructure Integrity (6)
- (-) Switching Operations (5)
- (-) Tracks & Structures (4)
- (-) USDOT National Highway-Rail Crossing Inventory (2)
- (-) High-Speed Passenger Rail (2)
- (-) Continuous Welded Rail (2)
- (-) Accident Reduction (1)
Railworthiness Directive for Certain Railroad Tank Cars Equipped with Bottom Outlet Valve Assembly and Constructed by American Railcar Industries and ACF Industries.
Abstract: On September 30, 2016, FRA issued a Railworthiness Directive (Directive or RWD) to all owners of Department of Transportation (DOT) specification 111 general purpose tank cars....
Ballast Defects and Conditions—Importance of Identification and Repair in Preventing Development of Unsafe Combinations of Track Conditions
Keywords: Safety Advisories, Track, Ballast
Abstract: FRA is issuing this safety advisory to emphasize the importance of timely repairing ballast defects and conditions on main tracks. FRA notes that ballast defects and ballast...
Forms and Templates
Keywords: Self-Adaptive Scheduling Algorithm
Keywords: kicking Cars, Safety Advisory, rolling equipment, flat switching
Abstract: FRA is publishing this Safety Advisory 2013-03 to make recommendations to railroads regarding the adoption of car-handling procedures during flat switching operations at certain...