The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
U.S. Department of Transportation Announces More Than $22 Million in Grants to Restore and Enhance Intercity Passenger Rail Network
Policy and Guidance
FEDERAL RAILROAD ADMINISTRATION GUIDANCE FOR DEVELOPING AN ATMOSPHERE-SUPPLYING EMERGENCY ESCAPE BREATHING APPARATUS PROGRAM
Abstract: This document provides guidance to railroads developing and implementing an atmosphere-supplying emergency escape breathing apparatus (EEBA) program to protect railroad employees...
Petition to Review Emergency Order 15
Operational and signal modifications for compliance with maximum authorized passenger train speeds and other speed restrictions
Keywords: Safety Advisories; Passenger Rail
Abstract: This is a safety advisory recommending actions that passenger railroads take to prevent trains from speeding. The advisory is the latest in a series of steps FRA has taken to keep...
Emergency Order Establishing a Maximum Operating Speed of 40 mph in High-Threat Urban Areas
Keywords: crude by rail, HTUA, speed
Abstract: FRA is issuing this Emergency Order to require that trains transporting large amounts of Class 3 flammable liquid through certain highly populated areas adhere to a maximum...