The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Policy and Guidance
FEDERAL RAILROAD ADMINISTRATION GUIDANCE FOR DEVELOPING AN ATMOSPHERE-SUPPLYING EMERGENCY ESCAPE BREATHING APPARATUS PROGRAM
Abstract: This document provides guidance to railroads developing and implementing an atmosphere-supplying emergency escape breathing apparatus (EEBA) program to protect railroad employees...
Petition to Review Emergency Order 15
From Research to Rulemaking in the Federal Railroad Administration
Keywords: Research and development; R&D; risk reduction; railroad safety; regulations; safety culture; Tank Car Structural Integrity; Rail Joint Bar Inspection; Employee-in-Charge Portable Remote Terminal; system safety; rulemaking; enforcement
Abstract: The Federal Railroad Administration’s (FRA) research and development program provides the engineering and scientific foundation for rail rulemaking and enforcement in the United...
Emergency Order Establishing a Maximum Operating Speed of 40 mph in High-Threat Urban Areas
Keywords: crude by rail, HTUA, speed
Abstract: FRA is issuing this Emergency Order to require that trains transporting large amounts of Class 3 flammable liquid through certain highly populated areas adhere to a maximum...
Railroad Safety Statistics 2012 Preliminary Annual Report