The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Railworthiness Directive for Railroad Tank Cars Equipped With Certain McKenzie Valve & Machining LLC Valves
Keywords: Railworthiness Directive; Hazerdous Materials; Valve; Tank Cars
Abstract: This Directive requires railroad tank car owners to replace unapproved valves currently installed in some tank cars. The valves in question are UNNR ball valves manufactured and...
Appeal of L.S. Ruben - (FRA-Locomotive Engineer Certification Case) - FRA Docket No. EQAL 2007-66
Abstract: For the reasons set forth below, I affinn the finding of the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) Locomotive Engineer Review Board (LERB) dismissing Mr. L.S. Ruben's (Ruben or...
Appeal of L.R. Smith (FRA-Locomotive Engineer Certification Case) FRA Docket No. EQAL 2006-38 DOT Docket No. FRA-2007-0015
Abstract: For the reasons set forth below, I affirm the finding of the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) Locomotive Engineer Review Board (LERB) dismissing Mr. L.R. Smith's(Smith)...
Appeal of L.C. Rochner (FRA Locomotive Engineer Certification Case) Docket No. EQAL 2008-05
Abstract: It is unclear under what authority the Appellant, Mr. L.C. Rochner, appeals the January 7, 2009 decision of the Locomotive Engineer Review Board (LERB) granting him relief from...
Appeal of S. A. Ferguson (FRA—Locomotive Engineer Certification Case) Docket No. EQAL 2005-32 DOT Docket No. FRA 2006-24766
Abstract: Stephen A. Ferguson (“Ferguson”) has filed an Appeal to the Administrator, dated 21 December 2007, including a cover-letter explanation of tardiness, dated 3 February 2008.The...