The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
NDE Methods for Corrosion Monitoring in Railroad Tank Cars
Keywords: Tank cars, corrosion, pitting, fatigue, master gauge, MG, nondestructive evaluation, NDE, ultrasonic testing, UT, Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing, PAUT, Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducers, EMAT, Backscatter X-ray imaging, 3D laser scanning metrology
Side Structure Integrity Research for Passenger Rail Equipment
Keywords: Passenger rail, structural crashworthiness, side structure, sidewall, side impact, railcar design, passenger equipment
Sled Tests Using the THOR-50M ATD and Quasi-Static Tests of Workstation Tables for Passenger Trains
Keywords: Workstation tables, crashworthiness, THOR-50M ATD, H3-50M ATD, abdomen injury, chest injury, energy absorption
Side Impact Test and Analyses of a DOT-113 Surrogate Tank Car with Cryogenic Lading
Keywords: Impact test, surrogate DOT-113 tank car, tank car performance, transportation safety, tank car, hazardous materials, rolling stock, test
Finite Element Analyses of Side Impacts to DOT-113 Surrogate Tank Cars with Water and Liquid Nitrogen
Keywords: Impact test, DOT-113 tank car, tank car performance, transportation safety, liquefied natural gas, LNG, liquid nitrogen, LN2, finite element analysis, FEA, hazardous materials, rolling stock, cryogenic