The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Fatal Accident Patterns - Hours of Day
Correlating Material Properties to Puncture Resistance to Enhance the Safety and Security of Tank Cars
Abstract: In the Next Generation Railroad Tank Car Project, testing and analysis were performed on TC128B material as well as other tank car steels (e.g. A1011, A516-70). In a similar...
Advanced Tank Car Collaborative Research Program (ATCCRP)
Abstract: Over the last decade, there has been significant ongoing research to develop strategies for improving railroad tank cars so they can maintain tank integrity for more severe...
From Research to Rulemaking in the Federal Railroad Administration
Keywords: Research and development; R&D; risk reduction; railroad safety; regulations; safety culture; Tank Car Structural Integrity; Rail Joint Bar Inspection; Employee-in-Charge Portable Remote Terminal; system safety; rulemaking; enforcement
Abstract: The Federal Railroad Administration’s (FRA) research and development program provides the engineering and scientific foundation for rail rulemaking and enforcement in the United...
Molten Sulphur Rail Tank Car Loading and Unloading Operations: Leading Practices in Industry
Keywords: Hazardous Materials