The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Expansion of Rail Flaw Library at the Transportation Technology Center
Keywords: Rail, rail wear, rail defect, rail flaw library, ultrasonic testing, UT, phased array ultrasonic testing, PAUT, Miniprof, Rail Flaw Library of Associated Defects, RF-LOAD, non-destructive evaluation, NDE, track
Utilization of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in Accident Reconstruction
Keywords: Photogrammetry, accident reconstruction, grade crossing, railroad safety, highway-rail grade crossing, train control
Abstract: The Volpe National Transportation Systems Center evaluated the effectiveness of using UAVs and photogrammetry software to expedite the accident reconstruction process.
The Volpe National Transportation Systems Center evaluated the effectiveness of using UAVs and photogrammetry software to expedite the accident reconstruction process.
DOT-117 Tank Car Flaw Library Development for NDE Study
Keywords: DOT 117, Tank Car, Weld Defect, Tank Car Flaw Library, Nondestructive Evaluation, VT, PT, MT, UT, PAUT, ET, ECA
The Complexities of Rail Suicide Data
Keywords: Rail suicide, suicide data, suicide data sources, data quality, human factors
Function Allocation and New Roles for Human in Rail Automation
Keywords: Work domain analysis, human-automation function allocation, rail, human factors, cognitive task analysis, Cab Technology Integration Laboratory, CTIL