- (-) Safety Advisories (52)
- (-) Motive Power and Equipment (15)
- (-) Operating Practices (15)
- (-) Signal and Train Control (11)
- (-) Track (6)
- (-) Hazardous Materials (5)
- (-) Rail and Infrastructure Integrity (5)
- (-) Switching Operations (4)
- (-) Bridge and Structures Safety (3)
- (-) Continuous Welded Rail (1)
Ballast Defects and Conditions—Importance of Identification and Repair in Preventing Development of Unsafe Combinations of Track Conditions
Keywords: Safety Advisories, Track, Ballast
Abstract: FRA is issuing this safety advisory to emphasize the importance of timely repairing ballast defects and conditions on main tracks. FRA notes that ballast defects and ballast...
Keywords: Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, PHMSA, safety advisory 2013-07, Lac-Megantic, classification, hazardous materials, safety and security plans
Importance of Clear Safety Procedures for Temporary Removal From Service of Highway-Rail Grade Crossing Warning Systems and Wayside Signal Systems
Abstract: FRA is issuing this Safety Advisory 2013–04 to reemphasize the importance of clear and precise railroad safety procedures to ensure the safety of the traveling public and railroad...
Keywords: kicking Cars, Safety Advisory, rolling equipment, flat switching
Abstract: FRA is publishing this Safety Advisory 2013-03 to make recommendations to railroads regarding the adoption of car-handling procedures during flat switching operations at certain...