The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Safety and Security Plans for Class 3 Hazardous Materials Transported by Rail
Keywords: Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, PHMSA, safety advisory 2013-07, Lac-Megantic, classification, hazardous materials, safety and security plans
Buckling-Prone Conditions in Continuous Welded Rail Track
Keywords: Continuous Welded Rail; CWR
Odorant Fade in Railroad Tank Cars
Inspection of Bottom Outlet Valves and Assemblies
Keywords: tank cars ; bottom outlet valves; hazardous materials; Title 49�(CFR) 174.50
Advises shippers, consignees, and railroads of the dangers of allowing cars of "time-sensitive" chemicals to remain undelivered beyond their anticipated date of placement and to recommend enhanced procedures to avoid such occurrences
Keywords: Hazardous Materials; flammable liquid ; tank car ; styrene monomer ; exclusion zone