The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Signal Recording Devices for Highway-Rail Grade Crossing Active Warning Systems that are Interconnected with Highway Traffic Signal Systems
Keywords: I�96�10; I�96�11 ; NTSB; active railroad warning systems
Identification and Handling of Highway-Rail Grade Crossings with Vertical Profile Conditions
Keywords: Highway-Rail Grade Crossings; Low ground clearance; AASHTO Green book; vertical profile
Recommends that each railroad operating passenger trains assess the rules, instructions, and procedures used to ensure that a train will not depart a station until all passengers successfully board or alight from the train, and ensure compliance with such
Keywords: alighting; boarding
Facilitates improved cooperation in the investigation of collisions at highway-rail grade crossings
Keywords: Highway-Rail Grade Crossings; investigation ; collision ; locomotive-mounted recording device ; waring system malfunction
Addresses suggested measures that railroads and employees should utilize to prevent work related errors and on-the-job accidents as a result of sleep disorders
Keywords: Fatigue Management; fatigue; sleep disorder; circadian rythm