The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Reducing Hazards Associated with Visual and Automation-Aided Track Inspections
Keywords: Track research, track inspection, inspection, automated inspection, automation-aided inspection, railroad, track safety, safety, human factors, passenger rail, systems-theoretic process analysis, STPA, STAMP, systems-theoretic accident model and process,
Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) Technology and Evaluation Implementation
Keywords: Ground Penetrating Radar, GPR, substructure parameters, track condition, track substructure degradation, track
Keywords: Wheeling & Lake Erie Railway Company; Akron Barberton Cluster Railway Company; head-on collision; derailment; remote control yard train; remote control zone; lifted off truck; coupler and draft system defects; general switching rules.
Abstract: On November 19, 2018, at approximately 3:05 p.m., EST, Wheeling & Lake Erie Railway Company (WE) remote control yard train 561 (Train 1) collided head-on with Akron...
On November 19, 2018, at approximately 3:05 p.m., EST, Wheeling & Lake Erie Railway Company (WE) remote control yard train 561 (Train 1) collided head-on with Akron...
Wheel Bearing Brake/Instrumented Wheelset (WBB/IWS) Friction Characterization Study
Keywords: Wheel/rail interface, W/R, friction, angle of attack, AoA, traction curves, instrumented wheelset, IWS, rolling contact fatigue, wear, tribometer
Abstract: The wheel/rail (W/R) interface experiences variable friction conditions during in-service operation. This is due mainly to the application of top-of-rail friction modifiers (...
The wheel/rail (W/R) interface experiences variable friction conditions during in-service operation. This is due mainly to the application of top-of-rail friction modifiers (...
Detection of Concrete Tie Rail Seat Deterioration
Keywords: Concrete tie, rail seat deterioration, RSD, rail seat abrasion, laboratory testing, detection, inspection, gage restraint measurement system, GRMS, track geometry
Abstract: Rail seat deterioration (RSD) is a loss of concrete in the rail seat area of concrete ties that may compromise safety by increasing track gage, reducing fastener toe load, and...