- (-) Accidents & Fatalities (1)
- (-) Technical Bulletins (24)
- (-) Conference & Presentations (3)
- (-) Motive Power and Equipment (10)
- (-) Track (6)
- (-) Tracks & Structures (5)
- (-) Signal and Train Control (3)
- (-) Accident Investigations (2)
- (-) Roadway Maintenance Machine Safety (1)
- (-) Tourist Railroads (1)
- (-) Railroad Employees (1)
The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Keywords: Wheeling & Lake Erie Railway Company; Akron Barberton Cluster Railway Company; head-on collision; derailment; remote control yard train; remote control zone; lifted off truck; coupler and draft system defects; general switching rules.
Abstract: On November 19, 2018, at approximately 3:05 p.m., EST, Wheeling & Lake Erie Railway Company (WE) remote control yard train 561 (Train 1) collided head-on with Akron...
On November 19, 2018, at approximately 3:05 p.m., EST, Wheeling & Lake Erie Railway Company (WE) remote control yard train 561 (Train 1) collided head-on with Akron...
Safety Guidance on 49CFR 213.103 (Ballast; General)
Keywords: ballast, fouled ballast, track, geometry
Abstract: The bulletin clarifies the application of Title 49 Code .of Federal Regulations (CFR) § 213.103 (Ballast; general). All affected personnel are to utilize this bulletin as guidance...
Technical Bulletin MP&E 18-01, Enforcement Guidance for requiring a manual reset to restart the alerter warning timing cycle, Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations Section 229.140(b)(3)
Keywords: Inspectors, Guidance, Alerters, NTSB Safety Recommendation, MP&E Compliance Manual
Abstract: To satisfy NTSB Safety Recommendation R-15-04, FRA is revising its Motor Power and Equipment Compliance Manual to emphasize the importance of enforcing compliance with existing...
To satisfy NTSB Safety Recommendation R-15-04, FRA is revising its Motor Power and Equipment Compliance Manual to emphasize the importance of enforcing compliance with existing...
Guidance on The Federal Railroad Administration's Return to Using Portable Track Loading Fixture Technology on Non-Gage Restraint Measurement System Designated Track.
Abstract: Attached is the Track Safety Standards Technical Bulletin (TB) T-16-01. The TB provides guidance on the Federal Railroad Administration's (FRA) return to using Portable Track...
Attached is the Track Safety Standards Technical Bulletin (TB) T-16-01. The TB provides guidance on the Federal Railroad Administration's (FRA) return to using Portable Track...
2016 FRA Rail Program Delivery: Update on FRA's National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Procedures
Keywords: FRA NEPA Process
Abstract: The Federal Railroad Administration hosted the third FRA Rail Program Delivery Meeting—a 2.5-day conference for grantees, railroad representatives, federal oversight contractors,...