The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Keywords: Wheeling & Lake Erie Railway Company; Akron Barberton Cluster Railway Company; head-on collision; derailment; remote control yard train; remote control zone; lifted off truck; coupler and draft system defects; general switching rules.
Abstract: On November 19, 2018, at approximately 3:05 p.m., EST, Wheeling & Lake Erie Railway Company (WE) remote control yard train 561 (Train 1) collided head-on with Akron...
On November 19, 2018, at approximately 3:05 p.m., EST, Wheeling & Lake Erie Railway Company (WE) remote control yard train 561 (Train 1) collided head-on with Akron...
Provides interested parties guidance on the proper application of existing statutory and regulatory requirements concerning self-propelled specialized maintenance equipment
Keywords: Facilities & Test Equipment; self propelled ; rail grinder ; derail ; on-track maintenance
Accident Investigation Guidelines
Abstract: General Compliance Manual Part IV, Chapter 9 These guidelines explain the categories of accidents and incidents FRA investigates, and provide general guidance on the forms or...
This notice amends Emergency Order No. 24 (EO 24) in response to informal comments received from railroads and labor organizations. This amendment provides additional guidance, clarifying amendments and expanded relief from the EO.
Advises shippers, consignees, and railroads of the dangers of allowing cars of "time-sensitive" chemicals to remain undelivered beyond their anticipated date of placement and to recommend enhanced procedures to avoid such occurrences
Keywords: Hazardous Materials; flammable liquid ; tank car ; styrene monomer ; exclusion zone