The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Keywords: Wheeling & Lake Erie Railway Company; Akron Barberton Cluster Railway Company; head-on collision; derailment; remote control yard train; remote control zone; lifted off truck; coupler and draft system defects; general switching rules.
Abstract: On November 19, 2018, at approximately 3:05 p.m., EST, Wheeling & Lake Erie Railway Company (WE) remote control yard train 561 (Train 1) collided head-on with Akron...
On November 19, 2018, at approximately 3:05 p.m., EST, Wheeling & Lake Erie Railway Company (WE) remote control yard train 561 (Train 1) collided head-on with Akron...
Guidance Regarding the Application of Vehicle/Track Interaction Safety Standards; High-Speed and High Cant Deficiency Operations; Final Rule: Track Classes 6-9
Keywords: Technical Bulletin T-13-02
Guidance Regarding the Appropriate Process for the Inspection of Highway-Rail Grade Crossing Warning System Pre-emption Interconnection with Highway Traffic Signals
Keywords: S-12-01; Pre-emption Interconnections; Grade Crossing Warning System
Accident Investigation Guidelines
Abstract: General Compliance Manual Part IV, Chapter 9 These guidelines explain the categories of accidents and incidents FRA investigates, and provide general guidance on the forms or...
Application and Enforcement Guidance Related to Interpretation of Movable Bridge Interlocking of Signal Appliances with Bridge Devices