The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Technical Bulletin MP&E 18-01, Enforcement Guidance for requiring a manual reset to restart the alerter warning timing cycle, Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations Section 229.140(b)(3)
Keywords: Inspectors, Guidance, Alerters, NTSB Safety Recommendation, MP&E Compliance Manual
Abstract: To satisfy NTSB Safety Recommendation R-15-04, FRA is revising its Motor Power and Equipment Compliance Manual to emphasize the importance of enforcing compliance with existing...
To satisfy NTSB Safety Recommendation R-15-04, FRA is revising its Motor Power and Equipment Compliance Manual to emphasize the importance of enforcing compliance with existing...
Enforcement Guidance Regarding Securement of Equipment with Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Section 232.103(n)
Keywords: handbrake; hand brake; angle cock ; brake valve; Securement of unattended equipment; TB ; brake pipe
Informational Guidance Regarding the Calculation of Units and Proper Use of Activity Codes
Keywords: rolling stock ; inspection planning ; MP&E
Guidance for Record Keeping of Annual Periodic Inspection of the Hand or Parking Brake on Passenger Cars and Unpowered Vehicles Used in Passenger Trains, 49 CFR Section 238.307(d)(2)
Keywords: Blue Card; unpowered vehicles
"Quiet" Power Tools
Keywords: Part 214; power operated tools; lone worker; individual train detection