- (-) Accident Investigations (1)
- (-) Technical Bulletins (20)
- (-) Presentations (6)
- (-) Motive Power and Equipment (10)
- (-) Tracks & Structures (5)
- (-) Operating Practices (4)
- (-) Hazardous Materials (3)
- (-) Signal and Train Control (3)
- (-) Grants & Financial Assistance (3)
- (-) Accident Investigations (2)
- (-) Roadway Maintenance Machine Safety (1)
Keywords: Wheeling & Lake Erie Railway Company; Akron Barberton Cluster Railway Company; head-on collision; derailment; remote control yard train; remote control zone; lifted off truck; coupler and draft system defects; general switching rules.
Abstract: On November 19, 2018, at approximately 3:05 p.m., EST, Wheeling & Lake Erie Railway Company (WE) remote control yard train 561 (Train 1) collided head-on with Akron...
Technical Bulletin MP&E 18-01, Enforcement Guidance for requiring a manual reset to restart the alerter warning timing cycle, Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations Section 229.140(b)(3)
Keywords: Inspectors, Guidance, Alerters, NTSB Safety Recommendation, MP&E Compliance Manual
Abstract: To satisfy NTSB Safety Recommendation R-15-04, FRA is revising its Motor Power and Equipment Compliance Manual to emphasize the importance of enforcing compliance with existing...