- (-) Accidents & Fatalities (53)
- (-) Compliance (12)
- (-) Public Affairs & Policy (6)
- (-) Hazardous Materials (42)
- (-) Highway-Rail Grade Crossings (23)
- (-) Roadway Maintenance Machine Safety (3)
- (-) Railroad Safety Technical Training Standards (1)
- (-) Railroad System Oversight (1)
- (-) Track/Train Interactions (1)
- (-) Accident Reduction (1)
Abstract: The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) has issued a final rule, launching the Risk Reduction Program (RRP) to support an increasing...
The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) has issued a final rule, launching the Risk Reduction Program (RRP) to support an increasing...
Abstract: Updated May 2019 Compliance Guide for 49 CFR Part 243
Keywords: grade crossing incident; highway-rail grade crossing collision; Union Pacific; Athens, TX; school bus
Abstract: At 4:06 p.m., CST, a Union Pacific Railroad Company (UP) westbound mixed freight train MPBLF-24 (Train 1), with 2 engines and 54 cars, collided with a southbound Athens...
Keywords: derailment; CSX Transportation; Princeton, IN; precautionary evacuation; hazmat; LPG
Abstract: At approximately 8:12 p.m., EDT, CSX Transportation (CSX) freight Train Q513-17, operating southbound on the CSX CE&D Subdivision, derailed 22 loaded and 1 empty mixed-freight...
Keywords: 243, Training
Abstract: Compliance guide for 49 CFR 243 - Training, Qualification, and Oversight of Safety-Related Railroad Employees