The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Training, Qualification, and Oversight for Safety-Related Railroad Employees; Compliance Guide
Abstract: Updated May 2019 Compliance Guide for 49 CFR Part 243
Reports to Congress
National Strategy to Prevent Trespassing on Railroad Property
Abstract: Trespassing on railroad property is the leading cause of all rail-related deaths in the United States. More people are struck and killed by trains each year while trespassing –...
Passenger/Freight Train Collision September 12, 2008, Chatsworth, CA : Appendices A.1 Through B.3
Keywords: Transportation, safety, rail accident investigation, crashworthiness, structures and dynamics, Chatsworth collision, passenger train
Passenger/Freight Train Collision September 12, 2008, Chatsworth, CA: Main Report
Keywords: Transportation, safety, rail accident investigation, crashworthiness, structures and dynamics, Chatsworth collision, passenger train, locomotive
Abstract: On September 12, 2008, a passenger train and freight train collided head-on in the Chatsworth district of Los Angeles, CA. Each train was initially travelling at more than 40 mph...
From Research to Rulemaking in the Federal Railroad Administration
Keywords: Research and development; R&D; risk reduction; railroad safety; regulations; safety culture; Tank Car Structural Integrity; Rail Joint Bar Inspection; Employee-in-Charge Portable Remote Terminal; system safety; rulemaking; enforcement
Abstract: The Federal Railroad Administration’s (FRA) research and development program provides the engineering and scientific foundation for rail rulemaking and enforcement in the United...