The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Training, Qualification, and Oversight for Safety-Related Railroad Employees; Compliance Guide
Abstract: Updated May 2019 Compliance Guide for 49 CFR Part 243
Notice of Funding Availability - Grade Crossings, Positive Train Control, and Passenger Rail Corridor Plans
Keywords: NOFA; notice of funding availability; PTC; Positive Train Control; Grade Crossings; Passenger Rail; Passenger Rail Corridor Plans
Abstract: Notice of Funding Avialability (NOFA) - Selected Interciity Passenger Rail Grade Crossing Improvements, Positive Train Control Implementation Projects and Passenger Rail Corridor...
Lone worker, generally
Keywords: Individual train detection; on-track safety; fouling atrack
Audible warning from train for work over large area
Keywords: Part 214; 214.337 ; Audible Warning; Large Scale Maintenance; locomotive; bell
Train approach warning and place of safety
Keywords: Part 214; on-track job briefing; place of safety ; roadway worker