The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Aerodynamic Assessment and Mitigation – Design Considerations for High-Speed Rail
Keywords: High-speed rail, train aerodynamics, train slipstream, pressure pulse, tunnels, passenger safety, passenger comfort, ballast flight, aerodynamic drag, crosswinds, aerodynamic testing, aerodynamics, aerodynamic assessment
The Texas Bullet Train
Keywords: HSR, High Speed Rail
Abstract: The Federal Railroad Administration hosted the fourth annual FRA Rail Program Delivery Meeting - a 1.5-day conference for grantees, railroad representatives, federal oversight...
Development and Evaluation of a Moving Map Display for Rail Applications
Keywords: CTIL; CTILWEB; Hybrid Cognitive Task Analysis; Moving Map; iPad; Heads-up Display; HUD; Situation Awareness; Safety; Human-in-the-loop Testing; Passenger Rail Service; Head-up Display
Abstract: This report describes the development and evaluation of a prototype real-time moving map display to support engineer situation awareness and safety performance for future U.S....
Investigating Human-Automation Interaction and Human Error in the Locomotive Cab
Keywords: CTIL; CTILWEB; Automation; Human-Automation Interaction; Human-Computer Interaction; Human Error; Trip Optimization; Positive Train Control; Human-in-the-loop Testing
Abstract: This presentation discusses the use of the Cab Technology Interface Laboratory (CTIL) for investigating human error opportunities associated with automation in the locomotive cab...
Installation of Active Noise Control and Active Vibration Control on a GP40-2 Locomotive
Keywords: active noise control, active vibration control, static operation, on-track operation
Abstract: This project evaluated the performance of active noise control (ANC) and active vibration control (AVC) technologies using a GP40-2 locomotive located at the Transportation...