The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Autonomous Track Geometry Measurement System: Technical Development & Short Line Demonstration
Keywords: Track geometry inspection, autonomous, unmanned, ATGMS, autonomous track geometry measurement systems, track assessment
Abstract: What is Autonomous Inspection: The process of inspecting the track from revenue service trains using unattended instrumentation with minimal direct involvement. Autonomous...
What is Autonomous Inspection: The process of inspecting the track from revenue service trains using unattended instrumentation with minimal direct involvement. Autonomous...
Coordinating with Railroads and Utilities
Keywords: utilities, safety, agreements, right-of-way
Abstract: The Federal Railroad Administration hosted the fourth annual FRA Rail Program Delivery Meeting - a 1.5-day conference for grantees, railroad representatives, federal oversight...
Installation of Active Noise Control and Active Vibration Control on a GP40-2 Locomotive
Keywords: active noise control, active vibration control, static operation, on-track operation
Abstract: This project evaluated the performance of active noise control (ANC) and active vibration control (AVC) technologies using a GP40-2 locomotive located at the Transportation...
Cab Technology Integration Laboratory Demonstration with Moving Map Technology
Keywords: CTILWEB, Cab Technology Integration Laboratory (CTIL), pilot experiment, moving map display, operator performance, safety, technology
Abstract: A human performance study was conducted at the John A. Volpe National Transportation Systems Center (Volpe Center) using a locomotive research simulator—the Cab Technology...
Rail Industry Job Analysis: Freight Conductor
Keywords: Job analysis, job tasks, training assessment, freight conductor, safety-sensitive positions, knowledge, skills, abilities
Abstract: This document describes the results from a job analysis that was conducted for the position of Freight Conductor. Key aspects of the position were identified, including main tasks...