The FRA eLibrary contains all the documents that are found throughout the FRA Public Website. Multiple pages on the website may link to the same eLibrary item based on its set of metatdata.
Can I find All FRA Documents in the Library?
Some "documents" may not appear here for the following reasons:
- Document resides on an external site for the record of source, links to the document are provided in context but not in the library as FRA does not maintain this record. This document lives on another website.
- Document has not yet been assigned keywords.
- Document is historical and has been removed from library to avoid confusion with current publications.
- Document is public affairs & policy related, such as press releases, speeches, testimony, or fact sheet. These press-related documents can now be found in the FRA Newsroom.
- Document is related to rules and notices. This information can now be found on the Rulemakings search and the Notices search, respectively.
Train Riding Defects
Application of the Federal hours of service laws relating to specific Yardmaster duties.
Abstract: This technical bulletin is also Operating Practices Agency Interpretation OPAI-05-01 which is being distributed to our rail industry customers through the Association of American...
Retention of ExclusiveOoccupancy Records by Dispatcher
Keywords: RWIC; train dispatcher ; control operator in charge ; 49 C.F.R. Part 228; RWP
Portable Radios and Train Approach Warning
Keywords: lantern; red flag; fusee; white disk; watchman; lookout
Movement Within Yard Limits -- Signaled Territory
Abstract: The attached letter to the Illinois Central Railroad addresses the issue of how trains and engines are expected to move within yard limits in signaled territory. This Technical...